Ingredients1 large Florida eggplant, about 2 pounds3/4 cup olive oil2 cups canned tomato sauce1/2 teaspoon dried basil1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (may substitute 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning for above two ingredients)1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheesePreparation
- Peel eggplant and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Fry on both sides in skillet in hot oil until browned.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Place a layer of eggplant slices in a shallow baking dish; cover with some tomato sauce, a sprinkling of basil and garlic powder, and a little Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes