Ingredients1 large Florida tilapia filet or favorite white fish2 tablespoon olive oil1 small Florida zucchini, chopped in thin rounds1 Florida carrot, chopped in small rounds1/2 red Florida pepper, chopped1/2 yellow Florida pepper, chopped1 medium sized Florida onion, chopped8 Florida cherry tomatoes, quartered1 tablespoon canola or olive oil1 tablespoon ketchup1 1/2 cups tomato juice1 tablespoon brown or white Florida sugar1 lemon, fresh squeezedblack pepper1 teaspoon dried oregano3/4 teaspoon dried sweet basil1 teaspoon saltPreparation
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cleaned fish in the middle of a baking pan, sprinkle and spread around the olive oil on both sides of the fish.
- Squeeze the lemon on both sides of the fish, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- SautÃ© the chopped vegetables in the canola oil just enough to soften a little and set aside.
- In a small cup, mix the oregano, basil, salt and spread over the inside and outside of the fish.
- Pour the sautÃ©ed vegetables over the fish; in a bowl, mix the sugar, ketchup and tomato juice and pour over the fish.
- Cover and place in the oven until it is done all the way- the flesh should be soft and flaky. Do not overcook. A general rule for cooking fish is 10 minutes per inch of thickness.