Ingredients1 tablespoon olive oil1/2 medium Florida onion, finely chopped1 Florida green or red pepper, chopped2 small Florida eggplants, cubed (add 1/4 cup for baby)1 small Florida zucchini, cubed (add 1/4 cup for baby)1 bay leaf1/4 teaspoon dried oregano2 cups chopped Florida tomatoes with their juicesalt and pepper1 pound pasta (your favorite)1/4 cup Parmesan cheese*Optional: 1 pound cooked lean ground beef or turkeyPreparation
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart sauce pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pepper and cook 2 minutes more. Add the eggplant and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the zucchini, garlic, bay leaf and oregano. Season lightly with salt and pepper and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 40 minutes, uncovered.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until firm, about 12 minutes.
- Toss the hot pasta with the stew mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
For BabyBefore adding zucchini to steps 2 and 3 remove 1/4 cup for baby and steam until tender. Place in food grinder and puree. Freeze any extra portion in ice cube tray for use later.Yield4 Servings