IngredientsDry1 cup whole-wheat flour1 cup oatmeal3 tablespoons sugar1 teaspoon salt4 teaspoons baking powderWet1 cup Florida fruit (blueberries, strawberries or mangos), chopped1 Florida egg1 cup milk1/4 cup vegetable oiloil or cooking sprayPreparation
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder, then add fruit.
- In another bowl, break the egg and slightly beat with a fork. Add milk and vegetable oil to the egg and mix ingredients together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture in the large bowl. Using a mixing spoon, mix about 25 or 30 times, until mixture is slightly lumpy.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly coat with oil or cooking spray. Carefully spoon muffin batter into muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 of the way. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After the muffins have cooled, remove from the tin.
- Wrap extra muffins individually in plastic wrap or heavy foil; store in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Yield12 medium-sized muffins