Ingredients2 large Florida eggs2 teaspoons cold water1 teaspoon olive oil1/4 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese1/4 cup diced Florida bell pepper, cooked1/4 cup diced Florida tomatosalt and pepper to tastePreparation
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until blended. Stir in water, salt and pepper; continue to whisk for 5 seconds.
- Warm oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Reduce heat to low and add egg mixture.
- Cook 10 seconds, until eggs are just set. Use a metal spatula to gently lift the outside edges of the omelet to let the uncooked egg run underneath to cook. Repeat until most of the uncooked egg is removed from the top and is cooked.
- Cook about 2 minutes and then sprinkle the cheese on top. Cook 1 more minute.
- Spoon vegetables onto half of the omelet. Using the spatula, fold the other half of the omelet over the vegetable filling.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and serve hot.