Ingredients1 large head Florida cabbage1 1/2 pounds chicken meat, diced1 cup Florida onions, chopped2 cups Florida mushrooms, sliced1 cup Florida red bell pepper, chopped1 cup water chestnuts, chopped1/2 cup Florida parsley, choppedNonstick cooking sprayPreparation
- Remove outer leaves from cabbage and cut about 1-inch off the bottom (stem end) of the head. Steam cabbage stem side down until leaves can be removed easily. Set aside.
- Cook chicken and onions in a large skillet until chicken is done and onions are browning. Remove chicken and onions from skillet. Set aside.
- Cook mushrooms and bell pepper in skillet until they begin to brown. Add water chestnuts, parsley and cooked chicken and onions to the skillet; heat thoroughly.
- Remove skillet from heat and let mixture cool.
- Prepare cabbage by removing the thick stem in the center of each piece. Roll one tablespoon of chicken mixture in each of the cabbage leaves. Serve warm or at room temperature.