Ingredients1 medium Florida eggplant, peeled and cubed1 1/4 cups cracker crumbs1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese2 Florida eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon Florida parsley, chopped3 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced1/2 teaspoon saltPreparation
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a covered saucepan, cook eggplant in boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes; drain well.
- Place eggplant in a bowl and mash. Stir in cracker crumbs, shredded cheese, eggs, parsley, green onion and salt.
- Shape mixture into 8 patties about 3-inches in diameter.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until patties are lightly browned.