|1/2||poundwheat pasta or your favorite|
|1||pound ground turkey or lean ground beef|
|1||cup Florida zucchini, chopped (plus one cup chopped for baby)|
|3/4||cup Florida carrots, thinly sliced|
|1||cup Florida mushrooms, sliced|
|1||cup Florida grape tomatoes, cut into halves or quarters|
|1||jar tomato sauce|
|1 1/2||tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2||clove garlic, minced|
|1 1/2||tablespoon Italian seasoning|
|1/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|salt and pepper to taste|
To prepare the Primavera sauce:
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add zucchini and carrots; stir until crispy tender for at least 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes.
- Add ground turkey or beef and cook until done. Remove from heat and carefully drain any visible fat from the skillet.
- Return to heat and add the garlic, Italian seasoning, mushrooms, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add the tomato sauce. Taste sauce for seasoning and add a pinch of salt and pepper if needed. Simmer on low heat until ready to serve.
To prepare pasta:
- Add about 1 quart of water to a large pot and bring to a rolling boil.
- At this point, cook vegetables for baby. Remember to cook each vegetable separately, since different vegetables require different cooking times. Add the vegetables for the baby to boiling water and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the zucchini from the boiling water and put it into a bowl of cool water and ice to cool completely. Set aside to puree.
- Add pasta to the same boiling water where vegetables were cooked. Stir pasta so it does not stick. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and put into a large pasta serving bowl.
Top pasta with primavera sauce and the grated parmesan cheese. Toss and serve immediately. Serve with warm bread and crisp salad.