|1||large honeydew melon or Florida cantaloupe|
|1||small Florida yellow squash|
|1||cup cubed cheddar cheese|
|1||medium Florida yellow pepper|
|1||medium Florida red pepper|
|1||medium Florida green pepper, cut into squares|
|1||cup Florida cucumber, peeled and cubed|
|1||pint Florida grape tomatoes|
|8||pieces Florida carrots, cubed and slit 3 times at one end (This step should be completed by an adult or left out entirely)|
- To keep the melon from rolling, cut a shallow slice off the rind to form a flat base.
- Attach the squash, large portion pointing up, to the melon with part of a bamboo skewer.
- Cut a square of green pepper in diagonally in half, forming two triangles. Cut a thin slice of red pepper for the wattle. Attach both using a toothpick to the squash.
- Attach two cranberries, one for each eye, using toothpicks.
- Cut red pepper into six strips for the feet and set into place.
- Alternate tomatoes, cheese, green pepper and cucumber on skewers to use as tail feathers. Top 8 pieces with slit carrots cubes. Insert skewers into the back of the melon.
- Slice 4 red pepper pieces and 5 yellow pepper pieces into ½-inch slices to use as side feathers. Stick the pepper slices in place with toothpicks.