|3||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||cup chopped onion|
|1||teaspoon minced garlic|
|1||cup chopped zucchini|
|1||cup chopped yellow squash|
|2||teaspoons ground cumin|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano|
|1||teaspoon dried thyme|
|2||15 ounce cans red kidney beans|
|2||15 ounce cans dark red kidney beans|
|2||15 ounce cans tomato sauce|
|2||cups vegetable broth|
|1||6 ounce can tomato paste|
- Heat oil in heavy saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, zucchini and squash, cook until onions begin to brown.
- Add cumin, oregano and thyme, mix well.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, vegetable broth and tomato paste.
- Simmer on low heat about one hour or until thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with grated cheese and sliced baguettes.