1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar 1 .92-ounce package roasted garlic salad-dressing dry mix 3/4 cup water 1 cup chopped Florida onion 1 cup chopped Florida green bell pepper 1 1/2 pounds bottom round steak, sliced thin 1 tablespoon sesame oil cooking spray wooden skewers soaked in water
- For the peanut dipping sauce: in a small bowl, combine peanut butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, 1 tablespoon of salad-dressing mix and water; mix well. Set dipping sauce aside.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place on medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, but not smoking, add onions and peppers. Cook stirring occasionally until browned evenly. Set aside and keep warm.
- Gently pound the steak strips flat with a rolling pin, being careful not to separate the meat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef, oil and remaining salad-dressing mix. Make sure beef slices are coated well with the oil mixture and then thread on skewers.
- Broil beef skewers, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve the satays hot with the dipping sauce and vegetables.
Remove skewers before serving children under four.