|1||11 ounce package of pre-made pizza dough|
|1/2||cup pasta sauce|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1||cup chopped Florida zucchini, sautéed|
|1||cup chopped Florida bell pepper, sautéed|
|1||cup chopped spinach, sautéed|
|2 1/2||cup grated mozzarella cheese|
- Roll the dough into a 10-by-14-inch shape and cut in half to make two 7 inch by 10 inch rectangles.
- Cover half of each, lengthwise, with the tomato sauce, zucchini, pepper and spinach leaving a 1-inch border. Add oregano and 1 1/2 cups of the grated mozzarella. Brush the edge of the dough with water.
- Fold the 2 sides together, pinch the edge to seal, and roll the edge slightly. Prick the top several times with a fork. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with remaining mozzarella. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- *Take out an extra zucchini for your toddler to enjoy as a snack while you prepare dinner. See steaming directions and dip recipes in Phase 2 under “Kid Recipes”.
- Choose 1 Florida zucchini; smaller zucchini are usually most tender.
- Wash and cut into small slices or chunks. Do not remove skins.
- Steam zucchini until tender.
- Place into food grinder and puree.
- Add water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin consistency.