|1 1/2||cups chopped Florida green beans|
|1||cup chopped Florida bell pepper|
|1||cup chopped Florida zucchini|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|3||cups low-fat milk|
|1/2||cup chopped green onions|
|1||cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese|
|3||cups biscuit mix|
|3/4||cup low-fat milk|
|1 1/2||teaspoons crushed dried rosemary leaves|
The first 3 steps of this recipe can be prepared up to 24 hours ahead and kept refrigerated until ready to use.
- Combine green beans, peppers, zucchini and oil in large bowl and toss to coat oil evenly.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer in a baking pan and roast in a 400 F oven until vegetables begin to brown, about 25 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine eggs, milk, green onions and cheese in a medium bowl and beat until blended. When vegetables are done, set aside to cool. Pour egg mixture into a 3 quart casserole, add cooled vegetables and mix.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and if first 3 steps have been made ahead of time, remove egg and vegetables from refrigerator. Combine biscuit mix, milk and rosemary and mix until soft dough forms.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of dough onto egg and vegetables, leaving some space between biscuit mixes so the vegetables can be seen. Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes or until top browns and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
While waiting for the vegetable strata to bake take an extra 1/2 cup zucchini or green beans to make food for your baby. Steam until tender; beans will take a little longer that the zucchini. Place in food grinder and puree. Freeze any extra portion in an ice cube tray for use later.
Yields 6 servings